The Neuro-Oncology Research Laboratory is a collaborative effort between the National Neuroscience Institute and Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences, A*STAR. Our initial efforts established the derivation and identity of brain tumor stem cell lines from clinical specimens. We are now exploring various mechanistic pathways governing the chemoresistance and perpetuation of these cells. Our work entails tissue culture, molecular cloning, flow cytometry and biochemical techniques, with an emphasis on brain tumor modeling in mice utilizing both xenograft and transgenic models. We’re currently looking for a well-trained, driven and responsible MSc / PhD bioinformatician to join our team. The successful candidate is expected to have strong computational background with substantial understanding and bench experience of biological systems. The prerequisites for the position are listed as follow:
Responsible for delivering translationally relevant biomarkers and systems biology innovation through computational approaches in collaboration with experimental biologists.
Apply state-of-the-art integrative analysis techniques to advance decisions in projects assessing the efficacy of drug compounds. Data include sequence, gene expression, ultra-high throughput sequencing, proteomics, metabonomics, and high-content cellular screening data. Data sources include in vitro and in vivo model systems as well as clinical samples for translational research.
Develop novel methods to advance data interpretation based on integrated mathematical and statistical models of biological systems. Work with experimental scientists on collaborative projects in biomarker discovery and drug development.
· MSc / PhD in life sciences, computational biology, or a related quantitative discipline, preferably with specific education or experience in cancer.
· Significant post-degree experience in the field.
· Demonstrated success, preferably in academia, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, analyzing disparate, high throughput genomic and / or proteomic data for biomarker and target identification.
· Demonstrated skills using the programmatic tools of computational informatics analysis, such as Perl for bioinformatics, S/R for statistical programming, or Matlab for numerical analysis and modeling.
· Experience using client analysis applications such as Spotfire, Ingenuity, and GeneData for high throughput data analysis and interpretation.
· Demonstrated contribution to successful cross-disciplinary teams.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Interested applicants please submit a cover page with photograph and resume, citing at least 3 referees whom you have worked with. Submit to either Dr Carol Tang at Carol_Tang@nni.com.sg or Dr. Beng Ti Ang at Beng_Ti_Ang@nni.com.sg. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks.